Selling your home in Douglas County, Denver County, Arapahoe County or Jefferson County, involves many steps.
Having an experienced agent by your side can help expedite the process and make the entire transaction run much smoother!
A real estate company and its associated agents or licensees can provide sellers valuable real estate services in the form of basic customer services, or through what is referred to as “client level agency representation.”
Assist-2-Sell – Full Service with $avings!® – “We’ll sell your home for as little as $2,995!”
Client Level Agency Representation
Under client level agency representation, an agent has a responsibility and a “fiduciary duty” to their clients. What this means is that in the sale of your house, the agent is working only for you in the same transaction. They are working on your behalf and looking out for your best interests. The listing contract will also specify that the agent is acting as a “seller’s agent.”
Single Agency & Dual Agency
When the real estate agency represents only one client – whether it be the buyer or the seller – in the same transaction, it’s referred to as “single agency.” When the real estate company represents both the seller client and buyer client in one transaction, it’s referred to as “dual agency.”
There may be times when your listing agent has a client who wants to buy your home. If your agent also represents the buyer, the listing contract should specify that they provide an additional disclosure that details whether they continue to act as your agent or assume the duties of a “dual agent.”
Agent Duties & Obligations to the Seller
The agent’s duties and obligations to the seller will vary significantly based on the type of representation both parties contractually agree to. At the “customer level,” agents are required to perform the following basic responsibilities:
- Present all offers in a timely manner
- Account for money or other property received on your behalf
- Provide an explanation of the scope of services to be provided
- Be fair and honest and provide accurate information
- Disclose adverse material facts about the property or the transaction that are within the agent’s knowledge
A customer becomes a “client” by signing a formal, written listing agreement which establishes the terms and obligations of both the seller and the agency. Sellers with client level agency representation should expect to receive the following client services:
- Maintain loyalty to seller’s needs
- Tell seller all that you learn about buyers
- Focus on the seller-client’s property
- Get the best offer for the seller-client
- Negotiate on Behalf of seller-clients
- Strengthen the seller-client’s negotiating position
- Share all information about buyer
- Negotiate approved purchase agreement
- Attempt to solve problems to the seller-client’s satisfaction
As you can see, there are many benefits to client level agency representation when selling your home. Working with an experienced listing agent will insure that your homes sells quickly and for the highest price!
Art Valentine & Matt Hornung, Licensed Professional Realtors® – Call Today! 303-332-9924
If you’re planning on selling your home in Douglas County, Denver County, Arapahoe County or Jefferson County in the next few months, nothing is more important than knowing a fair asking price! We would love to help you with a FREE Market Analysis – We’ll use comparable sold listings to help you determine the accurate market value of your home!
- We’ll sell your home for as little as $2995. You pay if we sell your home. If we don’t sell your home, you owe NOTHING!
- We advertise your home.
- We have licensed agents available every day who are ready to show your home to interested buyers.
- We cooperate with all real estate professionals. Agents from other offices frequently show and sell Assist-2-Sell listings.
- We pre-qualify Buyers.
- We arrange all inspections.
Assist-2-Sell offers homeowners all of the services they might find at a “traditional” real estate company, but for a low, flat fee. Selling your home at a reduced commission with Assist-2-Sell can help homeowners sell their homes faster and at a substantial savings!
WE DO EVERYTHING! “FULL SERVICE WITH $AVINGS!”®
We invite you to call us today, send us an email or fill out the online contact form – and let us know how we can best serve your real estate needs. We are 100% committed to making sure that selling your home is an enjoyable and rewarding experience. We look forward to speaking with you soon!
Art Valentine, Licensed Professional Realtor®
Matt Hornung, Licensed Professional Realtor®
9233 Park Meadows Drive, Lone Tree, CO 80124